The NSA-NYC Speaker Academy
NSA-NYC Speaker Academy
January 2014 – December 2014
So you want to become a professional speaker? You are a speaker but want to further improve in specific areas? NSA-NYC is pleased to announce the launch of the new NSA-NYC Speaker Academy program beginning January 2014!
We are sorry, the 2014 Speaker Academy program is FULL!
NOTE: NSA-NYC Members can still audit sessions. Please pay below.
Please contact Theo Henderson with any questions.
In this program, you will learn how to set the solid foundation for a career in professional speaking and/or advance the career of the person already speaking! Based on the four competencies of the National Speakers Association, this Academy will deliver top-notch professional education with the nuts and bolts necessary to build your business. Professional Members of the National Speakers Association will teach all classes.
Here are 7 key things attending Speakers Academy will help you do:
1. Cultivate strong distinctive speaking skills
2. Develop powerful and engaging speaking topics
3. Learn dynamic platform mechanics
4. Sell and market yourself as a Professional Speaker
5. Build a powerful network of professional relationships
6. Build a profitable speaking business
7. Create a professional video of yourself speaking in front of a live audience! $1000 Value!!
The 10 module topics are:
|| Start Up Module & Orientation
|| Professional Awareness
|| Topic Development
|| Sales and Marketing
|| Professional Relationships
|| Presenting & Performing
|| Platform Mechanics & Speaking Skills
|| Authorship & Product Development
|| Managing the Business
|| Putting It All Together
The program includes a professional level showcase for all of the NSA-NYC Speaker Academy Members.
program is open to non-members who speak regularly but not for a fee, or who
have been paid to speak at least five times, or who speak on behalf of their
employer. The application is here. (In addition, members of NSA-NYC are welcome to join the program or
attend individual sessions.)
$1997 all inclusive
- 3-Pay Plan: $675 payable upon application, $675 payable on March 1, $647 payable on May 1.
- Full Payment Discount: Pay in full before January 1, 2013, and get $100 discount.
- Early Application Discount: Apply by December 5, 2013, get $100 discount off first payment.
- NSA Academy for Professional Speaking Discount: $600 discount for Members of the NSA Academy for Professional Speaking. This discount will come off the final payment. Read more: http://nsaspeaker.org/join/types-of-membership/aspiring-speaker/
Note: Professional Members of NSA-NYC can audit individual modules for $50/session. Auditing option does not include showcase.
To apply, fill out the application and then register by clicking one of the following options:
We are sorry, the 2014 Speaker Academy Program is FULL.
Three-Pay Plan - ($675 - Second Installment)
NSA-NYC Professional Members Auditing Option - Single Auditing Session
($50 for single session)
NOTE: Please email Theodore Henderson that you are coming and have paid.
What you get for your $1997?
- Ten 2-hour expert workshops on all the basics of a speaking career ($1000 value)
- Ten 30-minute mid-month Q&A calls ($250 value)
- Ten-module workbook to accompany the program ($100 value)
- Videotaped showcase in front of an NSA-NYC audience ($1000 value)
- Discounted prices on 2014 NSA-NYC chapter meetings, annual banquet, and holiday party ($200 value)
- Build relationships with professional speakers who can mentor and refer you (priceless)
For more information contact Speakers Academy Dean, Theodore Henderson - firstname.lastname@example.org